Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Locking It Down

Tonight has been an interesting night to say the least. It started out busy and steady. We have a full house and everyone is now checked in.

All night I've been hearing things behind the desk, in the storage room and kitchen shifting and moving. I keep thinking it must be things settling and brushing it off. I've had things fall for no reason... or the sound of something big falling, but go back and see what happened only to find everything just fine and in order.

I've been sitting around playing on the computer now that I have a moment to myself in the back office. I then leave my desk to go to the restroom. There is a guy laying on my couch in the lobby. He is some what young, and is texting on his phone. I smile at him and he looks a bit worried. As I'm in the restroom I hear him go out the side door. I watch him walk half way down the sidewalk and stop at the stairs in front of one of my rooms. He just stands there. He was watching me too. I called my security guard. Sadly by the time he got here, the guy was gone. I don't know where he went.

After I get back into the office to wait for the the security guard to get here, I hear a female voice say my name. I was thinking it was a guest or the Head Housekeeper coming in. She will sometimes come by and work on something in the evenings. I get up and the only person in the lobby is the older man on the computer, and he doesn't give off a creepy vibe at all. It also sounded like it was coming from the back with me.

Needless to say I've now locked all the doors leading into the lobby an hour early. Everyone is checked in and I'm out of rooms to sell, so no need to keep them open.

No, I don't use drugs and I've not been drinking on the job.

Update: My coworker just called me after reading this... He said the other night he kept hearing stuff fall. He says he went over the front desk at one point. Talk about macho man. When he finally manned up he went to check things out, and nothing had fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment