Sunday, January 30, 2011

Soooo you want a room tonight... well be nice to me.

I just want to vent a bit... not so much fume.. but you know. I won't use many bad words.

So if you go into a hotel and want a room. Be nice to the front desk. You just might get a lower rate. Be a jerk... get a higher rate. Simple.

A man comes in and doesn't want one of my outside rooms. All but 4 of my rooms are on the outside. The 4 inside rooms are suits. He wanted me to give him one of them for just a few bucks more than my other rooms cost. Acting like I should just do it so he will stay with me. Move it along buddy. Later that night... I sold one room full price and a Platinum member got upgraded to the other.

One dude called asking if I'd cut our rate by HALF because he wasn't coming in until 11p and would be leaving before 8am. That's still all night and breakfast in the morning. So sorry.. not happening. "I guess we will just stay somewhere else" ... "Well good luck with that. I hope the hourly motel is nice".

Next folks. Locals. Sorry we only take Major credit cards from locals, unless your insurance company is paying for it. Sorry... the $100.00 deposit does not cover the crazy damage you folks cause. Byebye.

And the the icing on the cake. Dude calls up ask me if we take credit cards over the phone. "Yes, that is how we reserve our rooms with a credit card over the phone" Then I lost connection with him and his cell. (ok.. honestly.. I hit the button my mistake and hung up on him.. but shhhhh... )
A bit later his wife calls.

Me: "Yes, we take credit cards over the phone to reserve the room, however I'm currently busy at the moment with a guest can you call 1800(reservation line) and make the reservation"

Her: I don't have a computer, so just call me back.

Me: It is a phone number. You call it.

Her: I don't have my computer. I can't use it.

Me: You call it... with a Phone.

Her: oh

Me: Yeah, Oh.

A bit later dude comes in. "So you take credit cards over the phone? My wife made the reservation. The lady at the other hotel told me they won't take credit cards over the phone. She was a real bitch"

Ok First off. Robin is a sweet heart. 2nd.. umm... we make reservations with credit cards over the phone, but we have to have the credit card or at least a fax of it front and back to insure you are the owner of said card.

So now he is getting bitchy at me. I tell him he can scan it and email it to me if he can't get to a fax machine. Nope. He hands me his cell phone to talk to his wife. She bitches me out.. Hellooooo... She tells met he guy at the reservation line told her it would be fine. I tell her that I can't do it.

I finally talk them into using their Points to pay for the room. I don't really need a credit card for that. 15,000 points and you have yourself a free room.

For all I know that could have been Bob Doles credit card. Not worth my ass over.

Needless to say I was ready to get home tonight and had a head ache. The night could have been worse like last night when half the hotel didn't have water, and no one thought it would be nice to let me know. That was a fun 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment