Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Cheek Pincher

We all have encountered at least one in our life time, but normally not after childhood, the Cheek Pincher. It is normally the little old lady that wears too much make up, always has hard candy in her purse and sits in the pew just behind you in church. You'd turn around and give her that silly grin to get a piece of candy.

Well for me it was a man maybe only 20 years older than me and today. I'm well past my childhood.

I was making small talk with the guest while they got their breakfast and coffee. One man was talking to himself about trying to find something. I asked him what he was looking for, and he said he couldn't remember at that point. He went on to say that once you get old that you go so fast you for get what you are doing. I joked back with him that I already do that, so there must not be much hope for me. He laugh and smiled, and then reached out and gave my cheek a pinch. I paused and tried not to allow my reflexes take over. I wanted to swat at him as if he was a bee buzzing around my watermelon. I quickly retreated into the kitchen and hid in the office.

He had his breakfast with his wife, but before leaving the lobby he came to the desk and gave me a $2.00 tip. I kinda feel like a cheap date now.

No comments:

Post a Comment