Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jennifer from South Carolina shares

I have received another entry from a reader! Keep it up, I genius and all, but not every night is exciting at the front desk. Some night are spent drooling our ourselves and almost slamming our faces on the desk when we fall asleep.  

Jennifer here has went above and beyond for her guest. Most of us would have told you to suck it and not dried a blanket for you. You won't catch me going back to housekeeping with out my guard driving me back to it. I don't wonder around when the creeps are lurking. Too many homeless like to sneak into what looks like closed spaces. 

Let my tell you how much I LOVE this guy in 307. First the gentleman comes up to my desk and in the most rude snide way possible.
" I need a room with two king beds."
" Well Sir, I'm sorry but we only have two rooms left and the are both single bed rooms."
" Are you f***ing kidding me?"
"Well sir, it is the weekend and we do have two large groups in tonight. Although the rooms are singles, they do have a pullout couch."
" Fine, what is your rate?"
" Well sir, our rates tonight are 119.99, that DOES include breakfast in the morning, wifi etc."
"119. For THIS?"
Keep in mind that my hotel is Diamond rated
" Yes sir, 119.99, but I will give you the room for 107.99"
"Fine, got anything on the 1st floor?
" No Sir, the only two rooms I have left are on the 3rd floor"
"Well, couldn't you move someone else?"
"No Sir, I can not"
I get his card and it gets declined, I ask him for another card. He throws a fit before giving me another card. By this time, I don't care if this guy gets a room, and I'm tempted to tell him his card is declined again. I'm kicking myself for not telling him that we were sold out already. 307 Finally checks into his room. Five mins later 307 comes back for sheets for the pullout and gets pissed when I inform him that we don't have an extra blankets and 3 extra pillows for him. Throws another fit, after I bring him some sheets and inform him that if he waits 20 mins I can dry ONE extra blanket fold it and call him when its ready. 307 Pitches another fit. 20min later I ring 307 tell him his blanket is ready and he can pick it up at the front desk.
" Well can't you bring it to me?"
" Sir I can't because I am the only one here and I can't leave my desk"
307 throws another fit. Again, I am kicking my self for not turning this guy away. 307 Comes to get his blanket and yells at me because " YOU said you found two."
"No, sir I told you I had one that I would be able to get you." thinking to my self Please take your blanket and get the fuck out of my face... I smile. 307 storms off. Comes back five mins later.
" Do you have any milk cartons?"
" NO sir we don't, but if you give me just a sec I can get you a glass of milk."
"Fine"
Why am I being nice to this ass?? Erg oh well, kick myself again. I come back with two small glasses of milk, thinking that he would want more than just a tiny glass. I was wrong. OH well, I needed milk for my cookies anyway.
Its been hours since 307 has called or stormed my desk... Maybe I am free of this dick, or hopefully he left... Wishful thinking.
He is back at my desk.
" Do you have an extra ice bucket?"
" Sorry sir I do not, there are Ice buckets in the room."
"I need an extra"
" Sir I don't have an extra one." I want to kick him in the teeth " I could give you a bag for your ice?"
" I guess that will HAVE to work."
I give him a bag, and give him a fake smile and hope he leaves.
He snatches the bag from my hand and says, " You know with ALL the problems I am having with you and with 307 you should comp my room."
" Sir I am sorry but I can not comp your room."
"Fine, I will be speaking with you manager tomorrow during checkout."

That's fine, I will be leaving a detailed note to my manager on how nice I was to you, and how much you suck. MAYBE I will just print this out for her. Jack ass.
Its 10pm, I have an hour left of work and I hope that this SOB doesn't come to my desk again.

Written by Jennifer M. of SC

No comments:

Post a Comment