Monday, March 21, 2011

My Babies Shouldn't Have Been Prevented.

I try not to bring up my personal information with my guest, but sometimes small talk does happen.

I was talking with a guest that was standing at the desk. She was telling me how she went to Walmart, and forgot her hair spray until after she was already out on the road. I just said back to her that I do that quite a bit. but when it happens I never go back, not even if I'm just in the check out line because I have a herd of kids with me, and that is probably why I forgot what ever it was in the first place.

She then looks at me and says "You know we've figured out how to prevent that?" Say what now? My gm and I both looked at her and she clarified what she was saying. "You know, we have ways of preventing babies." I was just standing there with a look of WTF, and my GM looks at her and tells her my kids are awesome.

How can someone say to you that your children should have been prevented? She then goes to say I'm contributing to over population. My best guess is that she has her head up her ass too far to read a book or articles on the fact that the population is declining around the world. Just do a quick Google search.

How do you respond to a customer across the desk? I have a pocket full of responses for when this happens with people I can tell off. I can't tell her to go prevent herself and she could easily reduce the global population by one tonight. People come to hotels to that quite a bit, but no. I can only stand there and think "Did you really just say that to me?"


I have four children. We are not in a race with the Duggars.

Where do people get off on being able to comment on the amount of kids they have? It's not like I'm hoarding babies or having them by the litter like Octomom. But can you even say those kids should have been prevented? They are deserving of life just as much as you are. 

My kids rock, and if I could have more I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment