Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You are not the boss of me!

We are next door to a large mall type store. The building is owned by the same people that own us. Yesterday around 4pm I get a call from someone at one of the stores. He asked for my GM. I told him she was out sick. He then ask for the manager on duty. That's me. He then started in on wanting a room comped, and that he was corporate of something at the mall. There are more stores than I can count in the mall.

I tell him I can't comp a room and the best I can do is direct bill it to the mall. He gets mad at me and starts saying he's been trying to get in touch with the GM since Friday evening. It is Tuesday and the GM doesn't work weekends. If he was someone of importance he would have known this, and would have gone the proper channels. You can't reach a GM on the weekends.

I only comp rooms when the owners or GM tells me too. I don't know who this guy was, but he was really trying to act like he could tell me what to do because he was corporate over something. I doubt the owners would want to comp a room with how busy we are. I told him to call back and talk to the girl on 1st because me giving him the GM's email wasn't good enough for him.

I also doubt that if it was one of the owners calling I would have been talked to so rudely. You can really tell when someone is trying to throw their weight around but have nothing to throw. I don't care if you are the Queen. I'm not giving you a free room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment